Special Interest Group Open Statistical Software JASP and R
This SIG promotes the use of open statistical software for education and research. For us open means that software is free and extendable, which holds for both JASP external linkand R external link. Two branches and corresponding UU user communities will be established:
- Teaching using JASP. The goal is to exchange exper
- iences both for teaching statistics courses using JASP, and for teaching substantial (e.g. psychological or medical) courses that promote open science by using JASP for the dissemination of data and analyses.
- Making your own software publicly available in the form of an R package or JASP module. The goal is to exchange experiences with respect to open software creation.
The activities of this SIG will be meetings that consist of tutorials (ranging from “a crash course in R/JASP” to “open your bachelor thesis using JASP” to “how to create and maintain an R package”), presentations of examples, Q&A’s, discussion of open science, “opening research” by using JASP/R for data analyses, and presentation of new developments.
Participants of this SIG have an interest in open science in combination with teaching statistical and substantial courses using JASP and/or an interest in making software publicly available in the form of an R package and/or JASP module.
- Dr. Loek Brinkman external link, Open Science Community Utrecht external link
- Ir. Jonathan de Bruin external link, R Cafe
- Dr. Anna-Lena Lamprecht external link
- Dr. Wim Otte external link
- Prof. dr. Hugo Quené external link
- Introducing Open Data Analyses while Teaching your Course. Herbert Hoijtink, January, 28th, 2021, 15.30-16.30. >> More information.
- JASP Users Meeting. March, 25th, 2021, 14.00-16.30. >> More information.
- Fair Software. Anna-Lena Lamprecht, May, 27th, 2021, 15.30 – 16.30. >> More information.
Downloads and further information: JASP, R, RStudio
- Forum for questions with respect to using JASP: https://forum.cogsci.nl/categories/jasp-bayesfactor external link
- JASP website: https://jasp-stats.org/ external link
- R website: https://www.r-project.org/ external link
- RStudio website: https://rstudio.com/ external link
Courses by Research Data Management Support University Utrecht: Introduction to R and Data, and, Best Practices for Writing Reproducible code
- https://www.uu.nl/en/research/research-data-management/training-workshops/introduction-to-r-data external link
- https://www.uu.nl/en/research/research-data-management/training-workshops/best-practices-for-writing-reproducible-code external link
Communities: R cafe and UU/UMCU programming community
- https://www.uu.nl/en/research/applied-data-science/r-data-cafe external link
- https://teams.microsoft.com/l/team/19%3a1391ffcaa5b74ad7b12744cf14c762a1%40thread.tacv2/conversations?groupId=93a4d592-ab88-44ee-bfc6-d29863de17cb&tenantId=d72758a0-a446-4e0f-a0aa-4bf95a4a10e7 external link
For further inquiries, please contact Herbert Hoijtink external link.