News, Blog and Podcast
Short course Stakeholder Engagement for Academic Staff
Are you an early-career or mid-career academic with an interest in increasing the impact of your research or teaching by cooperating with partners outside the university? Then the three-part short course ‘Stakeholder Engagement for academics’ is for you!
Partnering with non-profit organizations, policy makers, or companies can add a lot of value to your work. You could gain access to otherwise unavailable data, tap into new knowledge, or ensure better uptake of your research results. But how can you effectively attract and involve external stakeholders? Using inspiring examples, hands-on tools and plenty of room for discussion with like-minded colleagues, this course will help you turn your project idea into action.
The course consists of three sessions of two hours each:
- Introduction to stakeholder engagement & mapping relevant stakeholders
- Forms of engagement and dealing with differences
- Perfect pitch: define what you want from partners and articulate how to convince potential partners to cooperate
By the end of the course, you will have:
- Gained insight into stakeholders relevant to your project, and their interests
- An understanding of different forms of engagement and potential challenges
- Developed a pitch to deliver to potential partners
- Access to a network of likeminded colleagues
The course is free of charge. In terms of time, the course consists of three sessions of two hours each, held two weeks apart. Preparation time for each session is +/- one hour.
Dates and location
Three sessions, each on Monday 17.00-19.00: 16 January 2023, 30 January 2023, 13 February 2023.
The sessions will take place in Utrecht (Utrecht Science Park or city center). There are no possibilities for joining online.
Sign up here before 15 December 2022.