SURF Research Week 10 – 12 May
Date and Time
Date(s) - 10/05/2022 - 12/05/2022
09:15 - 17:00
Jaarbeurs Mediaplaza (10 May), Online (11 & 12 May), Jaarbeursplein 6, Utrecht
SURF Research Week is the national conference that connects research, IT and innovation. The event will take place on 10, 11 and 12 May 2022. You can sign up for just 1 or 2 days, or for the full 3 days. It’s free! See here for more information about the speakers. You can sign up using the following links:
3 days of inspiration
Tuesday 10 May will take place in Jaarbeurs MediaPlaza. This interactive day will be all about connection, knowledge exchange, and celebration.
On Wednesday 11 & Thursday 12 May, the programme will take place online. Take a deep dive into technology and science, with inspiring talks and use cases on the latest applications and technologies for research.
What to expect?
Programme (Tuesday 10 May)
Location: Jaarbeurs Mediaplaza
09.15 Welcome and Registration
10.00 Opening with Jet de Ranitz, chairwomen of SURF’s executive board.
10.15 Talkshow: Let’s talk about boundaries. A SURF talkshow on open science & artificial intelligence
11.15 Break – networking & demos
12.00 Breakout Round 1
- ‘Regie op Data’ – perspectives on data sovereignty and data management
- The Impact of AI on Scientific Research
- An Ecosystem for Sustainable Computational Sciences
- Health & Social Research Infrastructures: 1+1=3
- DCCs: Breaking Boundaries with Impact
- Containers in the Cloud: An Intro to Modern Reproducible Research
14.00 Breakout Round 2
- The Confidential Data Sharing Experience
- Visualize your Future
- The Road to Sustainable IT for Research: Strategy, Vision & Policy
- Research Support Websites 404
- NES Thematic DCC Community launch
- Snellius: Speeding up Scientific Discovery
15.00 Break – networking & demos
15.20 Announcing the SURF Research Support Champions
Programma (Wednesday 11 May)
9.30 How quantum computing will (not) impact your research
10.45 Research Support: Meet the Champions
12.00 Material learning: how can we compute as energy-efficient as the human brain?
12.45 Lunch break
14.00 How to Enable Citation for Your Software
15.15 How to Tackle the GDPR “Monster”
16.30 Innovation Ecosystems for High Performing Collaborations
Programme (Thursday 12 May)
9.30 Digital Twin for the Win?
10.45 Why do I need a software management plan?
12.00 Can Software Reduce Energy Consumption in High-Performance Computing?
12.45 Lunch Break
14.00 The gold of the 21st century
15.15 Towards Data-Driven Collaborations Using SURF Research Cloud
16.30 Towards the Metaverse – breaking barriers by connecting human experiences
Add to my calendar